[TR] Arthritis.

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 16 08:25:05 MST 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 09:24 am, tom white wrote:
> I suspect some of you may experience arthritis pain in you hands after
> working on your cars.  Last year after working on my ?TR all day my hands
> would be so stiff I couldn't close my fist.
>
> This year after working on a car all day the pain in my knuckles was so bad
> it would keep me awake at night.
>
> A lady that has had arthritis since she was 21 told me to take chondraitin.
> This is a food supplement that usually comes with glucosamine in it.  I
> take three capsules a day that have 1500 mg. of chondraitin each/  It
> helps.
>
> My doctor told me that avoiding nightshade vegetables would help too.  So
> tomatoes, potatoes, peppers of all varieties, and eggplant are off of my
> food list now.  This has helped too.
>
> Now I can work on the car again without fear of being in pain afterwards.
>
> Best regards,
> Tom
Tom,

I have been taking that supplement for about 10 years now.

In addition to my Triumph habbit, I also did alot of rock collecting which is
similar to hard rock mining with hammers and chisles.

Anyway I was always sore, joint pain etc. So I started taking the supplement.

About 5 years ago started running to get in to better shape, etc.

Joint pain is a thing of the past for me.

But my diet has not changed. Always plenty of veggies etc. All kinds, colors
etc.

As far as the nightshade theory, so far that is what it is. May help some but
everyone is different. And as far as I can tell, most plants do their growing
at night. THey make sugar during the day and burn that sugar to grow at
night.

But biology was a very long time ago.

Bob