[TR] rear-wheel-cylin. piston misaligned?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 15 21:08:15 MST 2008

I've also discovered that the brake shoe half, (the one that actually makes
physical contact with the piston from the rear wheel cylinder) seems to be not
properly aligned with that piston's top!!!!!!

Since my TR3A is TS71318 the Moss Catalog says the piston top is about a 3/8"
circle rising from one end of the little steel piston. (and the piston is .75"
in dia.)  It SEEMS  that when the wheel cylinder gets properly mounted to the
backing plate, that it doesn't touch the brake shoe half at the correct
location.  Should this be a concern???  I can send someone a pic of my
problem, if that will help...

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3