[TR] TR transmission bearings

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Sat Mar 15 11:12:30 MST 2008

According to my shop manual, the pinion shaft bearing and the mainshaft
center bearing, which are the same, appear to be a standard deep groove ball
bearing, with external circlip (important!) manufactured (back then) by
either Fischer (part no MS12 S.G.) or Hoffman (part no MS 12 K).  The
mainshaft rear bearing is a Fischer 6206 or a Hoffman 130.

Moss lists the two larger bearings as part #525-030 and the smaller bearing
as 525-150 at what I think are quite reasonable prices.  Maybe Peter
Arakelian can tell you who the current manufacturer is.  It may well be
Hoffman because Hoffman is part of RHP (which stands for Ransomes Hoffman
Pollard, I believe), which is now owned by NSK.  I have no idea if Fischer
still exists as a separate entity.

Mike