[TR] Wanted: best experience purchasing brake tubing (for TR4A (solid axle)

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 10:27:26 MST 2008

When I did my Lotus, I bought a British brake-tubing kit from Seven in Virginia(?).  I believe the same kit is available from just about all the British suppliers. There is a coil of tubing and a gizmo you can place in your vise and use to make all the single or double flares to British specs.  I used the supplied tubing and also regular USA tubing I picked up at the local parts store.

(By-the-way, Rob, if you are reading, I just remembered that the Lotus supplier in England made a mistake and send me metric instead of English parts for the left front brakes.  I made them work.  Sorry about that.)

I don't see why this wouldn't work out for a Triumph as well as a Lotus.
--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

From: N197TR4 at cs.com