[TR] Trunnions later TR4 with 3 degree caster

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Mar 14 15:30:09 MST 2008

> Now you're confusing me.  You said they didn't change
> trunions (or vertical
> links) when they added caster to the TR4.

Well, I certainly didn't mean to say that ... what I tried to say is that
the vertical link did not change.  The trunnions DID change, and became
different from side to side.

>  Are these 3 deg trunions different than what is
> used on the TR4A-TR6?

Yes, they are unique (AFAIK) to late TR4.  As I said, visually they look
nearly identical to the earlier trunnions, the only difference is the 3
degree angle between the pin for the A-arms and the threaded bore for the
vertical link.  I believe they were literally the same casting, just
machined slightly differently.

The 4A-6 trunnions look very different (starting with not having a pin at
all but a hole for a bolt).

Randall