[TR] Trunnions later TR4 with 3 degree caster

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Mar 14 15:14:19 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/14/2008 5:09:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> >So it doesn't hurt the trunions to crank them a couple
> >degrees out of shape,
> >then.
>
> No, I didn't say that.  The late TR4 took different trunions than the
> TR2-early TR4; and being a "couple degrees out of shape" is the only
> difference between the three different trunions (0 degree both sides, 3
> degree right and 3 degree left).  It is apparently possible to assemble them
> that way, but unless things are badly worn, the result will be binding.

Now you're confusing me.  You said they didn't change trunions (or vertical
links) when they added caster to the TR4.  Now you say there are 0 and 3R and
3L trunions.  Are these 3 deg trunions different than what is used on the
TR4A-TR6?

Dave