[TR] Pistons Sticking - HS4 Carbs

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 11 18:01:40 MST 2008

> Can someone let me know where to start looking for a piston
> sticking on HS4 carbs.  I have checked the oil level in the
> dashpot and also cleaned the inside of the chamber, along
> with the needle on the end of the piston.

Never owned one a them octagonal cars <g>, but HS4 are pretty much identical
to HS6.  In addition to Bob's comment about jet centering, I'd try removing
the chamber & piston and checking that there is no drag whatsoever with them
separated from the carb body.  The chamber body is fairly fragile, so a
dropped wrench or similar may have dented it enough to foul the piston.

Randall