[TR] Why not FLAPS brake lines?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 10 19:53:18 MST 2008

> Moreover, I can't see why PITA bending of stainless is of
> benefit if one uses the silicone brake fluif?

The outside of the line is still exposed to harsh, potentially corrosive
environment.  Sand & gravel to abrade away the anti-rust coating, then water
mixed with salt in many areas.

>  ...Unless any
> moisture in the line, not absorbed by silicone as it is by
> conventional, would settle into the lowest bend and rust it
> out from there????

It's true that silicone will not absorb the moisture as conventional brake
fluid will.  However, my observation has been that the silicone fluid will
surround any liquid water, and keep it from touching the metal.  This is the
same action observed in car polishes that contain silicone, the silicone
makes the water bead up (meaning the surface isn't actually wetted).

Randall