[TR] Why not FLAPS brake lines?

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 16:33:05 MST 2008

Somebody stop me!

Whoops.  Too late....  Am raising the silicone brake fluif debate again....

Since the rust through with brake lines typically happens from the inside, replacing the brake lines might be something you want to do while the body is off (Bill, I assume it is?).  Much easier.  When I tore down my restoration project TR3, I had Randall's experience of having seemingly healthy brakelines fall apart in my hands.

Moreover, I can't see why PITA bending of stainless is of benefit if one uses the silicone brake fluif?  ...Unless any moisture in the line, not absorbed by silicone as it is by conventional, would settle into the lowest bend and rust it out from there????

Terry Smith
New Hampshire...and sick of 4-wheeling to work

From: "wbeech" <wbeech at flash.net>