[TR] Rubber steering coupling

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 13:15:31 MST 2008

 Bob,

I bought my replacement from TRF and was able to use it on my car.? I am not sure of what you are referring to regarding both sides vs. one side being countersunk.? If mine came from TRF wrong I didnt notice.?

As for the second problem, congrats, you have discovered one of the real PITA repairs on the TR6.? The first two bolts go in just fine and then the fun begins.? What I found worked was to buy a large hose clamp, put it around the outside of the coupling and tighten it until it holds the coupling the appropriate distance apart so that the last two bolts can be fitted.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
http://www.triumphowners.com/108