[TR] Narrowing in on a lost commission number

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Sat Mar 8 18:58:31 MST 2008

Hi again
   I need to back-pedal a bit.  It's looking more and more like the myth of the early (pre-CT5643) one-piece TR4 rear deck is busted.  Despite Mr. Piggott's statements to the contrary, I have now confirmed the existence of several early cars with manual boot prop rods AND three-piece rear decks, and I have yet to see a car with a seam missing.  My guess is that the three pieces comprising the rear deck were supplied as a pre-assembled unit at first, and later as separate pieces... but it looks the same either way once they're installed.

-Nick Wolf
'62? TR4