[TR] Sun visor concerns

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 7 15:35:31 MST 2008

Friends, I'm posting to three lists because this has to be a common Triumph problem with the older
car. I've been out today in the Triumph Trans-AmeriCan UK fundraising Spitfire for a photoshoot.
Lovely sunny day, though not all that warm, but with the tonneau in place, the heater blower doing
its (not very impressive) best, it was side-windows down, a zipped up fleece and a red wool hat. Car
went superbly and no complaints there at all - except for one. Has anyone worked out a way of how to
re-tension the sun visor to stop it flip-flopping about its screen monted stay? Everything's OK up
to about 75 - and sometimes 85 - but I am getting rather tired of it suddenly plunging down and
completely obscuring my forward vision. Currently the car isn't fitted with a self-draining driving
seat but if another truck suddenly pulls out in front of me with the sun visor down, I may have to
investigate the engineering possibilities..........

Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation