[TR] Red Carpet

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Fri Mar 7 13:08:35 MST 2008

I sent off for samples of the Wilton Wool carpet for my 58 TR3, standard in
'58.  The red from Moss is almost a burnt orange, from Heritage a very nice
dark red and from TRF two pieces, one is almost the  same nice dark red as
Heritage and the other a very bright red #GTCS21 with 'Original" written
next to it.

Is the original wool color really the brighter color?   I would have thought
the darker would have been the standard as it would set off the red
upholstery and panels with more contrast.

Any input from the list would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO
"If I wasn't working all those years, I would not be able to afford a
Triumph!