[TR] Hydraulic Jack Question

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Mar 7 07:17:04 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/7/2008 6:09:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

What  causes a jack or even an engine crane to stop holding a position and
settle  back down after a while? Is it low fluid or a bad gasket or a
combination  of things? I know that there's an industry standard for how much
one can  drop over an x period of time. But I'm talking about a matter of
minutes  with or without a load on it?

Jacks today are cheap enough that I replaced mine when it started doing
that. HF used to sell a universal seal kit.
Mike Moore