[TR] Exceptional TR3A on eBay

Peter Ryner pryner at verizon.net
Thu Mar 6 20:05:36 MST 2008

What I see is that he has 4 ratings, not a 1/4 million and three were as a
buyer.  I too question the story and the pictures.  Sure doesn't look like
original paint, carpet etc. The soft stuff is just too perfect.  There is
stitching in the dash cover over the steering wheeel that is not original, I
don't know what the box is in the middle bottom of the dash is, but it isn't
the heater,  Interesting that the air cleaners are old and scratched, but
the rest of the engine is pretty clean.  There is some cracking and crazing
of the paint in the engine compartment, but the exterior is nearly perfect.
Things just don't add up.  Looks like a very clean TR, but I really doubt it
is all original and don't believe the story.  I'd have to look at it in
person before I made a bid.  Doesn't make much difference though, don't have
the tiem or money anyway.
Just my $.02
Pete