[TR] Exceptional TR3A on eBay

Glenn A. Merrell stagbytriumph at tscusa.org
Thu Mar 6 19:31:12 MST 2008

   Geo & Kathleen Hahn wrote:

Lots of nice looking TR3s cross the block on eBay but this one, I think,
really stands out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPERB-RARE-LOW-MILEAGE-1959-TRIUMPH-TR3-TIME-
CAPSULE_W0QQitemZ170199490934QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ
cmdZViewItem

I you believe the tale (and I see noting in the pics to belie) it is a really
remarkable example.

NFI of course.  If I had a FI in this one it wouldn't be for sale.

Geo

   Nice  example  indeed,  but  I must say it really looks too good to be
   true as a "time capsule".
   I  can not help thinking I have seen this TR3 somewhere before, and if
   I  had  to  guess,  that  paint appears to be pearlessent, not a stock
   paint  color in 1959. Suspension bushings not perishing in 50 years on
   the  east  coast even if it was in temperature and humidity controlled
   storage?
   The  seller  has  sold  almost a quarter million things on Ebay with a
   100% positive rating in the last 2.5 years??
   Nope, something is very wrong with this posting.
   Just my humble opinion.
   Here is a short link to the TR3 on ebay ...
   http://tinyurl.com/3dgjnd
   Glenn Merrell
   http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk  Drive Organizer
   http://www.triumphstagclub.org Chairman