[TR] Body Solder

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 16:13:31 MST 2008

Thanks to all who replied.  Lead free body solder is sold by Eastwood  and it
is primarily used where you want to grind/sand as its jetsom is not (as)
toxic.  The downside to it is that it's melt point and plastic range is not  as
workable as lead.
As I said in my post I have a very small amount to use as the PO brazed a
patch in a difficult place.  I have made all the welded sheet metal repairs  in
the area but, of course, cannot get too close as the MIG will vaporize the
braze.  I do not have to 'work' the solder, just fill a couple of small  places
and grind smooth.  I am going to try to solder with a high quality  flux which
I have for brazing and see what happens.  I will let you  know.
Thanks

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO