[TR] Scissors Lifts and Transmissions

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Mon Mar 3 11:26:06 MST 2008

So - I've been thinking for some time about getting a scissors lift
that I can use in my garage - something that can lift my car up
a few feet or more to make it easier to work on.

Looking online it seems they're all about $1000, though it would
be nice to find a used one for less.

Does anyone have any experience with these?  Thoughts on good or
bad?  And what are the chances of pulling a transmission while
the car is on one of these lifts - does the lift get in the way,
or is it possible to get the tranny out.

Speaking of transmissions, I've thought about going with one
of the Toyota conversions.  What are the big advantages of
these conversions, and what's the complete cost in terms of
parts and time?

Thanks!