[TR] [6pack] Clutch M/C Impact

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Mar 2 16:36:00 MST 2008

Dick,
I've been searching through my old email because last year I traded emails
with list member, Mike Denman, who used a different M/C to get the lighter
clutch feel his wife wanted. I just found the email. Here it is:

"Herman said that several customers had already experimented with changing
the master cylinders and he had heard that they were happier with the final
result. With that information I contacted Apple Hydraulics (copy of the
actual email below). Lazar of Apple Hydraulics quickly responded with some
information to help me select the right master cylinder. I ordered and
installed the 5/8 bore master cylinder from an Austin Healey 3000 and am
very happy with it. The clutch pedal effort is reduced and the additional
movement required at the clutch pedal gives the engagement more "feel" and
is less abrupt. The installation of the new master cylinder looks exactly
like the original. Installation is no different that replacing a bad master
cylinder with a stock master cylinder. "

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org