[TR] GPS 12v power

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 2 15:23:29 MST 2008

Without hacking this thread to death, its perfectly logical to install a 12v supply - and keep
within originality issues. What many tend to forget is that TR6 and before, the number of people who
smoked were far in excess of those who (like me) still indulge the habit today. I've always had a
cigar lighter in all my cars and on the Triumphs, if they weren't fitted as standard, one was always
fitted with its right-angled bracket to the base of the instrument panel. IMHO, you could do the
same and not suffer judge penalty points. You're just using the power source for a GPS and not
lighting your cigar(ettes)

My 2 pee's worth

Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation