[TR] Clutch M/C Impact

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Mar 2 06:41:25 MST 2008

When I drained my clutch M/C and looked inside there was dark gray/black
gunk inside. That can't be good, so I may install a new clutch M/C with the
Toyota 5 speed installation and wonder if the early TR6 clutch M/C with a
.75 bore is compatible with the later cars that had a .70 bore? And what
would the impact be on clutch feel which will now have an hydraulic throw
out bearing? Would it make it feel lighter or heavier? And I'll also check
with Herman in case it impacts the tranny install.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U