[TR] Nexen Tires

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Mar 1 10:34:40 MST 2008

> Just saw this on ebay. Nexen tires 165/15 2 for 96$.
>
> Anyone ever heard of this make?

I hadn't, but some quick Googling turns up the reason why.  They started as
a small Korean tire maker and only recently expanded; building a plant in
China to sell tires on the global market.
Eg,
http://tinyurl.com/ynuzyu

Might be fine, but with the recent Chinese tire recall (along with all the
other dangerously defective products from China that have made the news
recently), I think I'll let someone else try them first.

And from what I've heard, although they are in short supply, orders for the
Kumho 165/15 tires (at $78 a pair) are being filled.  Kumho is building a
new plant in the US, which should be online by next year, hopefully ending
the shortage.

Randall