[TR] a tiny slice of the dust boot

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 28 21:15:57 MDT 2008

I accidentily cut the leading edge of one dust boot on my caliper brake while
rebuilding it.  This leading edge is 'tucked-under' the piston so that it
holds the dust boot to the caliper unit.  My thinking is that the dust boot
simply keeps out the dirt and does not affect the piston's new seal.  Thus,
I'm hoping, that a little slice here does not really affect things.  Am I
right?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--