[TR] Tranny changeout

Anthony Cascio allegrorover at mac.com
Wed Jun 25 23:05:23 MDT 2008

List,
Just a note to let you all know what evolved through the Toyota tranny
changeout.
I ordered and received a rebuilt transmission (W-58) from Kormex, they
were at $400 for a rebuilt, very cooperative and friendly.
The original supplier really wasn't interested in helping me out at all.
After installation of the tranny I took the driveshaft to six states
in Salt Lake City and they balanced it, $30.
I drove the car with the tranny cover off and could see the driveshaft
clearance and when I decelerated the driveshaft would move closer to
the rear seal.
I removed the driveshaft again and took it back to six states and had
them shorten it 5/8" and make it one straight shaft, $40.
Car runs great and I am feeling very comfortable that I won't have the
same problem again.
See you at Yipsilanti
Jeanne & Tony
allegrorover at mac.com