[TR] Wheel Camber & alignment TR3A

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 08:56:48 MDT 2008

> The shop indicated to me that the slight drift to the left
> was due to the camber on the left side was 2 degrees positive
> and right side was .5 degree positive.
>
> He definitely said camber. He thinks that the ball joint on
> the left side needs extra washers to bring the alignment
> within spec.

But adding shims to the ball joint is going to take the camber (as well as
the steering axis inclination) more positive !

Did he measure SAI (also known as King Pin Inclination) ?  That's one way to
distinguish if the damage is to the vertical link/stub axle or not; since a
bent link or axle won't change SAI but a displaced pivot will.

Randall