[TR] weight of a finished factory hardtop

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 24 23:14:39 MDT 2008

> Many thanks your help, and any suggestions re a hoist system
> for a '78 spitifer hardtop

No idea what it weighs, but I'm sure it's less than 500 pounds.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=45076

For my TR3A, I used some flat iron strap (from Home Depot) to bend and drill
3 'hooks' to go under the door openings on each side, and the center of the
back rail.  Linked them together with cotton rope, tied to a single rope
that goes over a pulley made from a baby buggy wheel and fastened to the
rafters with more strap iron.  Then it's tied off to some nails in the side
wall.  Still hanging there 20 years later.

Randall