[TR] [6pack] Compression boost

Rick patton at suscom-maine.net
Mon Jun 16 23:58:05 MDT 2008

I have a knock sensor on my fuel injected supercharged TR6. It's mounted
near where the ignition coil once lived but is now disabled. It was very
effective at retarding the timing but because these solid lifter engines are
so noisy it was far too sensitive. Even tuning it's sensitivity back it
would often retard the timing way too far causing the engine to stumble.
Maybe someday I'll look into trying it again, perhaps on the other side of
the engine away from the valve train would work a tad better? As it is now
the engine is 7.75:1 running high test gas with up to 8.5LBS of boost and
timing at times is as far out as 34 degrees and no pinging. Without boost it
would run out to 36 degrees but I worried about burning a piston and
chickened out setting it back to 34 max.

Rick Patton
75TR6sci
rick at pattonmachine.com