[TR] Tires for our cars - sigh, again

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 07:26:47 MDT 2008

Listers,

Here we go again - sometimes it get so frustrating -

It is now time to replace the worn out tires on my Spitfire, and as  with
so many other things associated with our cars  I am finding it
increasingly difficult to find the size I want.  I currently have Sumitomo,
205/60 R13, which are OK. and replaced the BFG tires of the same size which
are no longer available, which I really liked.

Now it seems, unless you want to put wide rubber bands on 30 inch rims,
these sizes are becoming obsolete.   I personally DO NOT like the look of
40 and lower series tires on anything older than 1990 vehicles  and I
don't care for the look of even 50 series tires on our cars.

So my options now so far are, I may be able to order what is left of the
Sumitomo if I can find them,  Or if not those, either  these,
Nankang-Tires XR611 205/60 R13 (never heard of them), or the Cooper 205/60r
13.  Toyo are really too expensive at around 130 a tire --

Anybody have any experience with Cooper tires  good or bad?

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa(San Diego), CA

P.S.
I'm going to run out to a couple of stores locally that are "suppose" to
have some of the tires I have listed, but I am NOT optimistic that they
actually have any -
Wish me luck -