[TR] caliper mounting hole freakness?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 16 16:03:03 MDT 2008

List,
I just had a baffling problem: I can't completely tighten one particular bolt
on one of my brake calipers????  ///////////////////  Seems like I would have
seen this problem before now, I mean I've had the caliper unit off several
times, and both mounting bolts are new from Moss and are the right ones and
are exactly just alike.
    The problem is seen this way: The bolt travels thru the dust shield, the
'alligator-eyes-looking' brake caliper mounting holes and lastly they screw
into the vertical link.  New bolts were obtained as length of bolts is
critical.  It's almost like it requires some sort of 'distance-piece' to
enable the top bolt to go thru completely.
   Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--
It has removed 690 spam emails to date.