[TR] FS TR4 project or parts: Denver, CO USA

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.net
Mon Jun 16 11:48:13 MDT 2008

After three years of not starting to work on the project TR4 in my
garage, I'm ready to sell it whole or in parts. My daily driver would
look a lot nicer with the new interior and wheels the sale could fund --
and my wife's new-to-her '87 BMW 535is would look nicer in the garage at
night.

As a project, it's rust free, complete and ready for prep and paint. The
engine was rebuilt by the PO and I drove it into my garage when I bought
it. Soft rubber bits are a decade or two old so you'd need to re-restore
bushings. Needs new interior, otherwise complete and what they call an
"easy restoration". Presumably they forget to add "for someone else"?
Based on the hidden body tag clue (Nick Wolfe) I believe it's a '64
rather than an early TR4.

I'd want around $4K complete but I doubt I'll get it, so I'm inclined to
part it. It could be a great source to restore your treasured car. I'd
sell the rolling chassis and rust free tub as one piece, sans engine and
transmission. Three of four wings are perfect in primer, ready to paint.
Bonnet and bootlid great also. Complete trim and gauges for eBay. And
plenty of goodies for me to keep to help maintain my daily driver for
years to come.

Drop me an email if you want more info or need specific parts.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA