[TR] bottom trunnion grease fitting size?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 15 21:10:00 MDT 2008

The driver's side brass truunion is missing it's bottom grease fitting.  I was
hoping it would be an easy replacement as I had several sizes of fittings in
my shop.  None of them 'caught' any kind of thread or anything, but, a fine
threaded 5/16" bolt seem to come the closest (it didn't really thread either).
Using a 7/16"ths wrench I attempted to unscrew the one on the other front
wheel, but it just kept turning and would not unscrew.
    Hopefully, this is an easy repair and I don't have to replace the entire
truunion just because it's missing a grease fitting!!
    I believe this size fitting is also used above the ball joints.
    Is this repair doable?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3