[TR] oil cooler line gone!

maya2blue at juno.com maya2blue at juno.com
Sat Jun 14 15:53:18 MDT 2008

Greetings,

Turned into my garage this evening and noticed a line of oil drops about
10 feet long!  Hummmm..  Then found a 1 1/2 - 2 cup puddle of oil under
the car..  Turns out that the longer of the two oil lines from the
adapter plate to the oil cooler rubbed against a frame member and that
last turn must have been final "rub" that caused the leak.

Didn't lose too much oil - maybe 2 cups+....

Does anyone have any experience replacing these oil lines?  I would like
to go to a SS braided line -

Appreciate any suggestions or BTDT answers...

Many tks..

Harve

Harve Thorn          (NASS #79)
531 Amen Corner   ('78 1500 Spitfire)
Fayetteville, AR    (looking for a "nice" GT6)
72701 USA
479.443.0818 evenings or lv msg