[TR] TR4 Engine sleave install

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 11 21:12:12 MDT 2008

Tom,
When I rebuild the wet sleeve engines, I make sure the block is spotless
first. This means having it hot-tanked, rinsed, and forced air dry. Then I
make sure the sleeve seats are clean, clean, clean. Then I used the
slightest amount of silicon sealant on the F8 gasket (and use good quality -
you'll pay again for poor quality gaskets!), set the gasket in place, slide
in the sleeve, and hold in place with a little pressure from a head stud.
Never had one leak in 30 years...

Good luck!

Brian
'67 4a