[TR] Sudden change in idle

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Jun 10 19:05:22 MDT 2008

Normal idle speed is about 10, maybe 11.
Drop is immediate now.
Restart is immediate when I give it gas.
I haven't reset the idle until I'm sure what the original cause is.
I did buy gas from a different location before this started.
It's only been hot (gadfrey, we in New Hampshire either complain about the cold or complian about the heat.  Me, I only complain about the cold!)

Thanks for responding!
Terry
From: DLylis at aol.com

Terry,
A couple of questions:
Is the idle normal and then drops, or does it go immediately to 500 rpm?
What is your normal idle speed?
Does it restart right away after dying?
Have you tried setting your idle screws up a little to maintain a slightly higher idle speed?
Have you got gas (in the car's tank) just before this happened?
Does it do this when cold, or when hot, or both?

If you suspect the valves, as I don't, you can readjust them cold.

David Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.