[TR] rear shock help

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 18:10:44 MDT 2008

> I have in the past taken a socket to the grinding wheel to
> take material off
> the wall so it would fit in a tight place such as this,

I used to have a Craftsman set that was thin enough to get in there.
Unfortunately I lost it, and they don't sell them any more.

What I did to solve the problem was remove the original bolt, and install a
socket head cap screw pointing the other way.

> BTW, does anyone know the correct torque for this?  I just
> got it good and
> tight with a standard Snap-On ratchet.

My book shows 26-28 ft-lb; but mine always seemed to work loose with that
little torque on it.  With the SHCS I go to about twice that (they are much
stronger than Grade 8 SAE hardware).

Sorry I don't recall the size offhand, but you can get them by the box from
MMC.  3/8" x 3/4" seems about right, and you can get a box of 25 in "Ultra
corrosion-resistant coated alloy steel" for under $8.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Randall