[TR] rear shock help

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Tue Jun 10 17:56:11 MDT 2008

Bob,

I just mounted mine recently and saw the same thing.  With the bolt head on
the back side of the mounting plate and the nylock nut on the inside with a
washer I was able to easily hold the nut with an open-end spanner, holding
it at an angle and put a socket on the bolt head.  Once the nut started to
get tight it stayed in place while I did the final tightening with the
socket.

I have in the past taken a socket to the grinding wheel to take material off
the wall so it would fit in a tight place such as this, I am sure it will
void the warranty if you break it.

BTW, does anyone know the correct torque for this?  I just got it good and
tight with a standard Snap-On ratchet.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO