[TR] [ISOA Project Stag:] 0608 TTA Stag Work Session

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Tue Jun 10 16:07:09 MDT 2008

Greetings All,
Here is a brief status update for the STTAG from the ISOA crew!

Despite downpours, 99% humidity and 90 degree temps, the last of the top
coats of paint have been stripped. This pushes us closer to putting
paint back on. Chuck Montague, Don Sheldon, Mike  Blonder, Richard
Scholl, Bill Jensen, Mark Costello and yours truly managed to accomplish
a HUGE amount of work and conclude one of the last filthy jobs of the
project. Doors, body, door jams, boot and bonnet await only final DA
sanding. This can be accomplished in a relatively short period of time
since 90% of the paint is off, leaving only a patina of old primer to
protect from the ravages of flash rust. We are actually seeing progress
on other parts of the body. The welding repair to the driver side front
quarter was completed as the last amounts of argon were spewed from Mr.
Lincoln. A trip to shove an addition 80 cubic feet of argon mix back
into a steel cylinder is scheduled for this week before any additional
welding commences. The patch to the front wing went extremely well and
inspired me to put the initial filler coat on the repair. Sadly covering
up a seamless stitching in of the section. No overlaps here dudes!

Next on the agenda:
- dents repaired in the doors and boot and bonnet
- dent pulling on the back lower apron of the trunk (nasty as these can
not be accessed for good old fashioned metal bumping)
- weld repair of exhaust hanger on trunk
- final weld repair on front apron

by Joe Pawlak

So although it does not look like this Stag will be driven to Detroit in
August 2008, I am quite impressed with these guys progress and
dedication.  Joe says, maybe running and on its wheels by the end of
summer ... not all pretty and trimmed out, but running.

More later.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)