[TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing

C E White BN_Knight at Ameritech.Net
Sat Jun 7 15:37:29 MDT 2008

Thanks for all the help and information Tony, Randall, and others.  I've
re-installed my original (66"?) speedo cable and it fit perfectly.  The
routing I used was from the back of the speedo out the grommet in the
firewall, across in front of the battery box, down the passenger's side of
the firewall, under the car but inside the tranny tunnel to the right angle
drive adaptor.  I used zip ties to keep the cable away from the back of the
head, the exhaust pipes and the passenger's side muffler (my '4A is fitted
with the dual exhaust system).

Happy motoring!

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: triumphs-bounces+bn_knight=ameritech.net at autox.team.net
[mailto:triumphs-bounces+bn_knight=ameritech.net at autox.team.net] On Behalf
Of spamiam at comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 10:27 AM
To: Triumphs List; Chux.Stuff at GMail.Com
Subject: [TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing

The secret is the 90 degree angle drive which attaches to the output of the
OD.  It is on the passenger side of the OD, as you know.  The angle drive
will interfere a little on the transmission cover.  Ideally you cut a hole
and fabricate a little "bump" that clears the angle drive and seals well to
the cover.  Preferably removable in case you need to service the angle drive
or cable.

The LONG cable specified for the OD in the TR4a is not correct.  Try using
the original speedo cable and see how it fits.  I think I needed an extrra
few inches, but not nearly as much as the cable specified.  Once you have an
idea of what length you need, then look at the various cables available and
pick the best one.

-Tony