[TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 08:27:15 MDT 2008

The secret is the 90 degree angle drive which attaches to the output of the OD.  It is on the passenger side of the OD, as you know.  The angle drive will interfere a little on the transmission cover.  Ideally you cut a hole and fabricate a little "bump" that clears the angle drive and seals well to the cover.  Preferably removable in case you need to service the angle drive or cable.

The LONG cable specified for the OD in the TR4a is not correct.  Try using the original speedo cable and see how it fits.  I think I needed an extrra few inches, but not nearly as much as the cable specified.  Once you have an idea of what length you need, then look at the various cables available and pick the best one.

-Tony