[TR] Electric Fuel Pump Pressure Issue

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 4 15:15:27 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 12:28 pm, William C. Quincy wrote:
> Greetings listers,
> Ive just added a electric fuel pump (CB Performance model 3193
> rotary fuel pump)
> It is advertised to pump at 3 =  p.s.i. It seems to be pumping to
> much pressure
> for my SUs.  After 10 to 20 minutes gas is flowing out of the float
> breather tubes.
> Im guessing a pressure regulator is the fix. So, is there any
> pressure reg. brand or pressure setting recommendation. Or maybe an
> other direction to go.
>

> Bill Quincy
> Wichita, Ks.
> TR3A TS69623L
Bill,

I run 2 PSI in both the 3 and 4 with the H6 SUs. Cars have never run smoother
since I canned the mechanical pumps.

I use a regulator with gauge that I got from Jegs but I cant remember the
brand. But it works for what they call "low pressure" fuel systems.

Has 1 intake and 2 outlets. Outlet 1 for the carbs and outlet 2 for the gauge.

Someone on this list recommended the Jegs site and the gauge by model number
about 2 years ago. Might want to check the archives.

Bob