[TR] TR4 - Dwell v Points Gap

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Mon Jun 2 19:40:28 MDT 2008

At 06:36 PM 6/2/2008, Michael Porter wrote:

>Umm, the distributor turns at one-half crankshaft speed, so it takes
>720 deg. of crank travel to complete one full round of the
>distributor. Measurements based on 360 deg. are in dist. degrees,
>not crank degrees, just for clarification.

Yes, I should have made that clear.

>   Further, the description of dwell open and closed angles is backwards.

Yep.  Cerebral vacation on my part.  Thanks for pointing that out.

After this exchange, I dug out some old Delco-Remy training material
from the Good Old Days.  I'm going to get it scanned and
posted...lots of good info on ignition, battery and generator systems
that should be applicable to our cars.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354