[TR] Spinal Tappets, Trophies and TRs

Blake J. Discher bdischer.lists at blakedischer.com
Wed Jul 30 10:17:25 MDT 2008

I just received the new CD that the committee for the 2008 NATC
commissioned from the Spinal Tappets.  Each person attending will
receive one in their Welcome Packet.  It's fantastic!  A total of 11
tracks, six of them brand new.

The Spinal Tappets will perform at the Welcome Party Tuesday night as
part of their Farewell Tour (yet again!)

Thought this passage of "Grinding Through the Gears" (to the tune of
Steely Dan's "Reeling in the Years") with parody lyrics by Bob Streepy
was appropriate to the "Trophies and TRs" thread:

I've been telling you you're a showcar since I bought you in '81,
In all the time I've owned you, I don't know if you'll run,
The VTR convention didn't turn out like you planned,
The things that pass for concours, I can't understand.

Other great tracks:
"While my TR Gently Leaks" and "Gearbox" (to the tune of the Who's
"Squeezebox")

Great stuff.  Very, very well done.

Cheers,
Blake