[TR] FROZEN and HOLLOW steering w grub screw

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 19:52:27 MDT 2008

> After 3-4 hours of trying to feed the control head wiring
> into the stator tube, I cut the stupid bullet connectors off
> despite everyone chanting, "stagger", "stagger!".

Paul,

Don't feed them in.  Instead, wrap a length of steel "handy" (aka baling)
wire around the end of the electrical wires and feed it through.  Then use
it to pull the electrical wires through.  Works much easier.  Home Depot,
Lowe's, etc. should have some suitable steel wire for just a few dollars.
And it's a good thing for carrying with you, to reconnect parts that may
fall off during your travels.

Randall