[TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 18:01:18 MDT 2008

> What exactly does "holding the pedal down" do
> anyway besides increase cylinder pressure and make bubbles smaller?

If there are high spots in the line where air can collect; the pause with
the system "pumped up" allows air to collect in those high spots.  Then
hopefully, when you release the pedal, the relatively large amount of fluid
that rushes from the slave back to the MC will carry the air along with it.

It may not be necessary, depending on how your system is routed;
particularly if you sit with the clutch depressed in traffic.  But I try not
to do that.

Randall