[TR] does it need to mesh?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 28 15:50:25 MDT 2008

I'm awaiting a good reply:

I'm about to begin the process of threading the wires and control head into
the stator tube.

As stated in the Work. Manu., the stator tube was installed with the slot
uppermost and in the 12 o'clock position.  I assume that's because it
eventually seats (or meets up with) some sort of 'tab' (which is hidden from
view due to the steering wheel mounted short-tube.)  I  assume that when the
slot (at 12 o'clock) meshes with the 'tab' (also at 12 o'clock) ensuring that
a turn of the steering wheel also turns the stator tube...right?

I ask this because (if my assumption is correct), then I will need to widen
the slot a little.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey 60 tr3
p.s.  I have another time critical question that I need to

--
It has removed 811 spam emails to date.