[TR] TR6 question

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 26 06:33:19 MDT 2008

Hello,

I was down at the local garage to get my 4 inspected and he has a 75 TR6 that
is for sale. THe car is not too bad, needing some body work etc.

It got me thinking.

Anyway the mechanic says it has a problem with the smog system causing it to
run rich.

As best I can describe it there are hoses connected to the pcv, carbs and what
looks like a carbon cylinder near the radiator. He has not been able to fix
the problem.

Is this a big problem? Can all these hoses be removed?

Does something need to be replaced and if so are the parts available?

As you might have guessed I have no experience with smog equipment. My
experience is with the "normal" engines, TR3A and 4.

Also there is a draw on the battery when everything is turned off. Not sure
how to go about that but maybe a multi meter etc and help from the list.

Looks like the car can get a frame on restoration, since the frame is very
solid, to get it into decent shape. I didnt look at the floors but the
exterior body seemed to be rust free.

Current color is a very bright yellow. Not my cup of tea. I would suggest
maybe a BRG or Red. What say the list?

My current cars are a pale yellow 3A and a spa white 4. What should that 3rd
Triumph be?

Ever since I restored the 63 TR4 everyone has asked me when I will be adding a
third Triumph to the garage since I have 3 daughters. Well this may be a good
opportunity.

Can an old guy learn what makes a 75 TR6 tick? Or am I just looking for
trouble?

Thanks,

Bob