[TR] Couple of things bugging me

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jul 24 18:49:44 MDT 2008

> At the bottom of the
> wings there is a right angle so that's how it is going to fit unless it is
> backwards with the gap meant to be at the bottom????

You're talking about the short bead, P/N 554172, right?  My recollection is
that they are supplied straight, and simply end flush with the bottom of the
wing.  Sounds like yours was installed wrong, and bent to hide the problem.
Or possibly just normal variation meant it was too long, and it slid down
when someone bent the end.

> Rather anal, I'm OK with the round washers but not body color
> sort
> of bugs me.  But if the dealers put these on????

I don't even find them listed as a factory option; and I seriously doubt
that the dealers would bother painting them body color.  But neither is
anyone going to deduct points if you choose to paint them body color <G>

Randall