[TR] TR4 Oil Leak

Alan Salvatore tr6parts at charter.net
Thu Jul 24 16:42:29 MDT 2008

You don't say if your replacement Differential was rebuilt.
Worn seals leak.  Thats why cars mark their spot, it has nothing to do with
being British.
If it was rebuilt it wasn't done correctly.
I just replaced the seals and bearings in mine.  I had the shafts polished
so the seal would be good.
The old seals wear a groove in the shaft, so just putting a new seal on
doesn't mean it won't leak.
The other option to polishing the shaft is to use what is called a speedy
sleeve, which covers the worn area; which gives the seal a new surface to
seal to.

Cheers

Al