[TR] new 3A stone guards

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 08:31:12 MDT 2008

David,

I am in agreement with you the fit of these stone guards are terrible. I just
recently installed mine as well. I had to slowly rework the aluminum to fit
snug against the lower fenders. I almost sent mine back to the supplier, but
my old ones were so bad I couldn't justify putting them back on. They had so
many dings & small abrasions of years of driving I thought the TR3 deserves a
new set.
My original guards when they came off, there was really no rust. Just some
surface discoloration to the paint finish and wear marks into the paint
finish.
I would think if there is bare metal exposed then I would prepare the surface
with some primer & paint and any thing else to repair the rust, but I would
not use any adhesive to panel personally.

Ibsen
59 TR3A
71 TR6