[TR] tr3 best improvement

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 06:34:04 MDT 2008

Hi Isben,

Yes, I replaced the TR components with 1965 Ford Mustang parts, Radiator thru
rear end.

Best regards,
Tom

From: flashtr3 at cox.net
To: tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
CC: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 best improvement
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:09:30 -0700

Hi Tom,

You mentioned that one of the improvements
you made to your TR3 was the changing the stock drive line to a ford 289. Does
that mean engine, trans, and rear end to ford or strictly just the drive line?

I am in the process of having my driveline
check out and the preliminary indications is the splines on the drive shaft
are
worn, so balancing cannot be accomplished. The u-joints have been replaced,
but
their is still vibration coming from the drive shaft.
They have indicated they can replace the
splines with "Spicer" components, and then the balancing can be accomplished.

What does the list think, should I look for
another drive shaft or repair the one I have?
Will balancing really make that
much difference and justify the cost of the spicer components?

Regards,
Ibsen